Personal Deposit Accounts
Whether you're opening your first checking account, or looking for a better way to manage your money, United Texas Bank has a checking account that's perfect for you.
Think about the various aspects of your finances, including the average number of checks you use per account, the balance you normally expect to keep and the types of services you want with your checking. Then, select the checking account which best meets your needs. Our checking accounts include an easy-to-read monthly activity statement, access to thousands of automated teller machines worldwide, as well as access to Online Banking, automated account information, and bill payment service.
The following features are offered with each of our checking accounts:
- United Texas Bank ATM or Visa Debit Card* The Visa Debit Card works like a "plastic check." Use the card instead of writing a check. It's accepted anywhere Visa is accepted, and the funds are automatically deducted from your checking account.
- Free bill payment
- Telephone access to your account information through Tellerphone, 24-hours a day, seven days a week
- Overdraft protection available (a revolving line of credit)*
- Free Image Statements - We image cancelled checks. You receive a picture of your checks with your detailed monthly statement.
*Subject to approval
Personal Checking Accounts
Everyone has a different goal in mind when choosing a checking account. Some want to earn interest. Others want to pay no service fees. Whatever you want from a checking account, United Texas Bank has the right choice to help your money work harder for you. Please choose from one of the following:
Our Value Check account is designed for the low volume check writer. Whether this is your first account, or you just need an account for a special purpose, the Value Check account is right for you.
- No minimum daily balance required
- Minimum opening balance of only $100.00
- Service charge of $3.00 per month plus $0.25 for each debit (includes checks, ach withdrawals, pre-authorized debits, atm debits, and account to account transfers)
For incredible value, this account is the simple answer to all your checking needs. Our Classic Checking account provides you with unlimited transactions, a free ATM or Visa Check Card, telephone banking, free online account access, free bill payment, and electronic statements. Better still, just maintain a minimum daily balance of $750.00, and your service charge will be waived too!
- Unlimited check writing
- No monthly service charge if you maintain a daily minimum balance requirement of $750.00
- Minimum opening balance of only $100.00
- $10.00 monthly service charge for accounts with less than a $750.00 daily minimum balance
NOW Personal Checking
You work hard for your money. At United Texas Bank, we believe your money should work hard for you. That's why we offer NOW Personal Checking, a checking account that pays you back. With a United Texas Bank interest checking account, you have the benefit of unlimited check writing while you earn interest on your checking balance.
- Requires minimum opening balance of $500.00
- No monthly service charge if you maintain minimum daily balance requirement of $1,000.00
- $15.00 monthly service charge for accounts with less than $1,000.00
- Variable, tiered interest rates are paid based upon balances in the account
Click here to view our current interest rates.
Interest Rate Information, Frequency of Interest Rate Change and Determination of Interest Rate - Your interest rate and annual percentage yield may change at any time at our sole discretion.
Compounding and crediting frequency - Interest will be compounded every month. Interest will be credited to your account every month.
Minimum balance to open the account - $500.00 minimum balance to open this account.
Minimum balance to avoid imposition of fees - A service charge fee of $15.00 will be imposed every statement cycle if the balance in the account falls below $1,000.00 any day of the cycle.
Daily balance computation method - We use the daily balance method to calculate the interest on your account. This method applies a daily periodic interest rate to the principal in the account each day.
Accrual of interest on non-cash deposits - Interest begins to accrue no later than the business day we receive credit for the deposit of non-cash items (for example, checks).